Goodwill Missionary Baptist Church
The church dates back to 1893 when it was built during the pastorship of Rev. John H. Reffels, being first located on Railroad Street and Hunter Avenue. In 1930, the church body was relocated to 322 Davis Avenue, with the original church building being torn down.
In August, 1969, Hurricane Camille caused considerable structural damages, but with support from members, friends and other churches, the building was repaired.
Rev. Harry Toussaint was named spiritual leader in 1983. Through his leadership, an educational and cafeteria/fellowship hall, choir stand, and balcony were added.